Sunday, May 15, 2011

We've come to an end already?

It's all coming to an end folks. It is mid May so that means that many of our favorite shows are ending for the season. Even some series are ending for good. It's all very bittersweet. While we will be mourning our shows all summer, we do always get a new batch of shows to distract us.

One of my faves, "Vampire Diaries." ended this past Thursday. I was glued to the screen. I was surprised to see that they gave Damon, a vampire, the cure to his werewolf bite, which is deadly to vampires. I really thought that would be a cliffhanger. Instead they threw us a curve and gave him the cure, but took lovable, sweet Stefan away from us. Who knows how they will play out with his relationship with mortal, Elena, and if that will leave her open to Damon, who has been harboring feelings for her since Season One.

Another of my absolute favorites, "Gossip Girl," is ending tonight. I don't know how I feel about what they have set up. Blair is engaged to a prince but clearly still in love with Chuck. While that isn't so bad, you must know that Blair will be held hostage on the roof of a building that Chuck's nemesis is planning to set on fire. Blair included. I know it is supposed to be compelling, but it just seems that it is getting further and further into bad soap opera territory. These plots could have all been found on Dynasty I'm afraid. I'm just not sure what they are trying to do. But I will be glued to the screen tonight to see how they are going to leave us hanging for the rest of the summer.

The finale of "The Office" is also coming up this week. We have had a couple episodes without Michael Scott now and it hasn't been bad. Yes, it is really sad to see Steve Carrell go, but I think this cast can pull it off. In the finale we are going to be seeing a whole cast of characters vying for Michael's old job. Such people as Jim Carey, Ray Romano, Ricky Gervais, and many more will be there to apply. Somehow I think they aren't going to hire an outsider. I think the promotion will come from within. We must wait and see however.

A series that we are all sad to see go is "Smallville." After ten seasons it is finally over. Mild mannered Clark Kent has officially become Superman. In a two hour finale that, at times, confused me a little since I have been slacking in the later seasons, saw Clark's destiny come to fruition. As I was advised by my fiance, this is just one version of his destiny. Apparently in different universes he has different destinies. Even ones where he doesn't become a super hero. Imagine that. Overall I think they ended it well. While at times it did seem to lag, especially through that five minute long feeling clip flashback for Clark, it did move a pretty good clip and ended us with a conclusion we can all be happy with. Well, at least I was happy with it.

Hopefully this summer won't let us down with good offerings to watch. I'm looking forward to the return of "So You Think You Can Dance." Hopefully they return to the old format since I just can't get behind what they did this past couple seasons. Made me not want to watch it. I also hope to see another "Hell's Kitchen" because who can get enough Gordon Ramsey? I know I can't. Let's all cross our fingers folks and hope that we are blessed with good programming this summer and that fall hurries up and gets here so I can see what is going to happen on all of my favorite shows.

Head on over to www.j1studios.com and discuss in the forum what you think of the finales for this season. Also let us know what shows you are looking forward to in the summer.

Until next time kids, this has been Hava!

No comments:

Post a Comment