Thursday, May 27, 2010

Must you be so upfront with me?

Yes I must. What is an upfront you ask? Well they are previews of what networks will be giving us in the season to come. They combed through thousands of shows and these are the ones they thought were worth our time. So I sat through a good number of what all of the major networks has to offer. There was some good and there was some bad. This installment I'm giving you some of the good. The next go round are the ones that weren't so lucky.

Hawaii Five-O(CBS) Mondays 10pm
Does anyone remember the original Hawaii Five-O? Cause I don’t. It was before my time. If you know nothing about this show it is about this elite team of cops that answers only to the Governor. They are like all of the Law & Order franchises rolled into one. They get to work on all the sensational crimes. Well CBS has decided they want to bring it back! I know you may not think this is all big and important. It’s just another cop show. This show though has nostalgia appeal and it has some very strong actors in there to help carry the show. You have Scott Caan, Alex O’Loughlin, and Daniel Dae Kim. From what I have seen it looks like it will be Hawaii Five-O on speed. There is more action and you get to know the characters a little bit more. All I have to say about this reboot is, “Book ‘em Dano!” That means you should give it a looksey when it starts up this fall.



Lonestar(FOX) Mondays 9pm
Remember the show, or more aptly described as an evening soap, Dallas? Did you ever want to see Jon Voight in Dallas? Well now you kind of can. This show is set in Texas and about a con man who is leading two lives. One is boyfriend to a sweet, down home girl. The second is married to a big oil man’s daughter. Con man and his partner are trying to steal money from the rich family. This con man’s heart grows three sizes at some point though and he wants out. It’s not fully explained but he starts stealing money from the rich family to pay off old scams. That, I’m sure, will be fleshed out in the actual show. I can’t really get into any more of it except that con man starts to really love one of the women and that may be the catalyst for his change of heart. I can’t get into more because not all of it is explained. I’m anticipating many soap opera like twists and turns in this show. And I have been begging for an evening soap for some time now. So you know I will be watching and hoping that I’m not disappointed.



The Event(NBC) Mondays 9pm
What is the event you ask? That is the question of the hour. Rather, the question of the season, or series. Who knows? From what I gather this show has a whole “what is going on?” vibe to it. There are apparently prisoners that a section of the CIA has been hiding for years and years now and presidents have had no clue they existed. Well the new president, in what I think is a nod to President Obama, played by sexy Blair Underwood somehow finds out about this prison and demands to be in on it. On the other end of this show we have Jason Ritter looking for his new fiancĂ©e who suspiciously disappears. I guess it is somehow connected to these prisoners. The gist of the show is that there is some hush-hush, sneaky, off the grid stuff happening run by the government and it is all in an attempt to stop this “event” from happening. I’m intrigued. I will be giving this new show a look.




Looks like my Mondays will be pretty busy. Now I'm reserving my picture frames for the fall season. I want to see the whole thing and not just the trailer. I wouldn't want to prejudge a show based off of three minutes of spliced together scenes. Oh wait, that's what I do all the time. That was the whole basis of this post. Anywho, stay tuned for some of the shows I thought should have been prejudged and never chosen for the light of day.

Until next time kids, this has been Hava.

No comments:

Post a Comment