Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You Are The Biggest Loser, Or Just A Loser



Yeah I’m talking to you Melissa. That’s why you were voted off last night. In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m referring to the latest person to be voted off of “The Biggest Loser” on NBC. If you haven’t been watching, Melissa was voted off several weeks ago and won the right to come back to the ranch by losing the most weight while at home. What made this such a tragedy was that NO ONE liked her. The only person who wanted her around was her husband and he eventually got voted off too.

Melissa has been a topic of controversy on this season of “The Biggest Loser.” The two trainers, Bob and Jillian, suspected that she was throwing the weigh-ins for a couple weeks. Her and her husband would win immunity in a challenge so they couldn’t be voted off at the end of the show. So what did she do, she only lost a couple pounds one week and actually GAINED a pound the next week. By doing that she was able to lose a huge number the next week when she didn’t have immunity, thus making it impossible to be voted off. Okay, I know this is a game and in the end the players aren’t only there to lose weight. They are also there to win a lot of money. To ensure that you stay around you have to play the game a little bit. We all get that. But throwing two weigh-ins in a row? That’s just stupid. People will catch on to you. And they did and that’s why the first chance they got the rest of the players voted her behind off.

When she won the chance to come back on the ranch she was a bigger annoyance, and that’s putting it nicely, than the first time around. The beginning of the season she didn’t only play the game to the extreme, she was rude and ignorant to most of the other players there. That didn’t change. She just amped it up a little more. Why someone would do this is beyond me. Isn’t it obvious that these people don’t like you and want you gone? Can’t you see that when given the opportunity they will get rid of you? The rest of the players did everything they could this past episode to make sure she wasn’t staying. The stepped it up and forced her to lose the challenge which gave her a 1 pound disadvantage at the weigh-in. That’s a big deal on this show. So when she didn’t lose enough weight she went to the ultimate extreme to get to stay. Now I ask, what kind of person says that if you keep them they can guarantee to be in the bottom two every week and help everyone else pick people off one by one?

Let’s examine her proposition shall we? What is she really offering here? Is she saying that she will throw the weigh-in every week so that she is in the bottom two which allows everyone else the ability to get rid of the other person? Does she think that she can’t lose enough weight every week to stay above the yellow line and not be up for elimination so she’s giving them an option? Are the rest of the players really supposed to believe that she won’t screw them and lose a ton of weight every week (because she is capable of it) and pick off the rest of them? Does she really think they are that stupid? Well clearly they aren’t since they got rid of her for a second time. Then she had the audacity to admonish them for not realizing what a wonderful opportunity they are throwing away. This woman has balls people.

I will spare you the catty, nay, witty banter that transpired between me and my mother about how they kept mentioning in the update on the voted off player how Melissa and her husband have been working on their marriage and making it better. Now if you have ever watched this show you can kind of guess as to why their marriage may be on the skids. But we’ll leave that up to speculation. There are some really great players left in the game for the big prize. I would be happy with any of them winning. I hope that all of them continue to lose ridiculous amounts of weight and look amazing and feel amazing in the end. The one thing I don’t want to see is Melissa coming back at the finale and winning the smaller monetary prize for losing the most weight at home. I don’t think I have ever disliked a player on this game more than I do her. If I never have to hear her horrible, grating voice or see that dung eating grin again I will be a happier person for it. Don’t seem shocked at my disdain either readers. I prefaced all of my blogs with a warning that I get invested in all that I watch.

For your viewing pleasure, please watch Melissa have her backside handed to her.


I give this episode 5 frames based solely on the fact that Melissa is gone!


Please head on over to the forum to support my loathing for Melissa. Or feel free to tell me why it is unjustified. Just go to the forum and chat it up.

Until next time kids, this has been Hava.

No comments:

Post a Comment