Thursday, April 1, 2010

In Theaters Now....

I grudgingly admit that it has been quite some time since I've entered a real life, popcorn smelling, ludicrously priced movie theater. I've pushed my brain to its limits attempting to recall the last time I entered a cinema house. I believe it was to see The Princess and the Frog? (November of 2009!)

The first step to recovery is admission. Step two is to find out what is out there to determine if at this point, recovery is possible. The impossible is if all choices available = crap. This non-commercial watching gal then had to conduct a search of that which is currently in theaters and has come up with, although only a few, selections. The viewing experiences to come are the next steps to becoming a true POW powerhouse ;). The road consists of a continuous stream of entertainment to filter out that which is brainless, hopeless and a waste of time.

How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
Rated: PG; Running Time: 98 minutes; Genre: Animation, Comedy, Family

Fun filled story about a young Viking who dares to go against the norm and befriends a dragon. I truly look forward to seeing this and having lots of laughs. Those who brush off these types of films as childish are not only being close-minded but are beyond a doubt, missing out! Also available in 3D.



Shutter Island (2010)
Rated: R; Running Time: 138 minutes; Genre: Drama, Thriller, Crime

Yes, yes, this has been out for quite some time yet we all know that my LIFE is late so don't be surprised that I am only mentioning this now. Mixed reviews have been heard but no doubt this is interesting and I am intrigued; I would also love some opinions from those who have seen this as to if they have or have not enjoyed this movie. This has to currently be my top pick for what I want to see.




Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Rated: PG; Running Time: 109 minutes; Genre: Adventure, Fantasy

LeVonn78 will be surprised to hear this as I've refused to accompany him due to my childhood discomfort of anything associated with this story. Yet after his and quite a few (respectable) opinions, I am giving in and would like to see if instead of wanting to dash out of my seat, I will take pleasure in this viewing experience. The book always creeped me out and I saw nothing amusing, nor even fun about the story. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp's mutual love for all things odd has appealed to me before; I'm now willing to give it a shot.



I slightly aspire to see Youth in Revolt (Netflix!) - any opinions?

Note to the readers: for my protection and all those curious, if you've seen ANY of above films, post your opinion on the forum - let's discuss!!

Danae signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment