Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNOW DAY! Wait, the news is on?!




So if you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY area right about now you have TONS of snow outside your window. Most likely you had off from work Wednesday and if you are even luckier you have off today as well. Well, I'm one of those lucky people to not have to go to work. So I think that I can just hunker down in front of the television and catch up on some good ol' day time TV. Maybe watch my soaps, some Ellen, any court show. Silly me though. How could I have thought I would get to see any of that when there is all this weather going on outside my door.

If you haven't guessed it I'm referring to the constant snowpocolypse coverage on all of the major networks. It's like they read my mind on what I wanted to watch today and they did the exact opposite. Who really wants to sit there and watch the news ALL DAY LONG report on how much snow is falling from the sky? We have windows. We can see what's going on out there. How much can you really say about the weather? Now, I can understand a weather and traffic update every hour. I will even accept every half hour. If something major happens then you can break into my regularly scheduled programming to report on it. But I don't think you have to blather on repeatedly about the same thing and talking to the same people.

Now I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't just switch to a cable channel and call it a day. Well, I did. But see, that's not the point. Not everyone has cable. And there isn't always something to watch on cable. Today, it was slim pickings for a while. Also, when you have your heart set on watching your soap, mine is Days of Our Lives, or watching Ellen, beautiful Channing Tatum was supposed to be on today, you are let down when you turn on the channel and there is some fool news reporter standing outside in this blizzard talking about how cold and snowy and windy it is out there. Um, duh!

We get it CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX! You don't have to tell us from 5am to 8pm about what's going on outside of our houses. We all went out and shoveled the snow to no avail at some point today. We all can look out the window at what's going on out there. I'm letting you know now all major networks that if I'm subjected to the same thing today someone will be getting a very angry email. I am lucky enough to have off from work and I would like to watch my Days of Our Lives and my court shows on FOX. If I am deprived of this for a second day I cannot be held accountable for my actions. I might just have to go outside, pick up a stick with a spoon like apparatus attached to the end of it, and start throwing snow around with it, ultimately leaving a clear path from my door to the sidewalk and then to the street. I know. It could get serious.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video.



Enjoy the snow everyone! Until next time kids, this has been Hava!

No comments:

Post a Comment