Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Failed You!

Why the harsh title? Well, the plan was, this past weekend, to catch a somewhat newly released movie. The possibilities: Dinner for Schmucks, Despicable Me or The Other Guys). Did I complete this task? Nope! Although the couple of days were enjoyable due to lots.... and lots.. of eating, I didn't make it! Thus you don't have my (hopefully) desired opinion on any of the new releases BUT I can give you the few films I am certainly looking forward to. Take a peek at these!

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)
Directed by Michael Apted and set to be released on 12/10/10, the third installation of the C.S. Lewis books-turned-movies, looks to feed my childhood fantasy hunger. While the second movie, Price Caspian, didn't bring in the same level of revenue as the first, I doubt we will be disappointed with the pure spiritedness of this release and will hopefully bring back that feeling-like-you're-back-in-your-room-as-a-child-reading-late-at-night-under-the-covers-in-a-wonderful-other-worldly-place :)



Let Me In (2010)
Directed by Matt Reeves, this is the American remake of Let the Right One In, originally filmed as a Swedish flick. Set to be
released on 10/1/10, I am excited to see what will come of us 'mericans redoing the disturbing yet well-composed thriller/horror story. From the trailer, it seems to mostly stick with the original and if it's done right the first time - why change it (even with the story-telling of a different than usual pacing/nature)? Here's the trailer of the Swedish version (already out) and directly following is the American remake:





Red (2010)
Directed by Robert Schwentke and set to be released 10/15/10, surprise, surprise, another comic book turned movie. Hey, everyone wants to get in on this bandwagon eh? Looks amusing, we shall see......



Here's an odd situation. This is a trailer based off of a comic book that honestly, doesn't look too interesting. It seems very adult (which is fine) yet nothing intrigued me. Mentioning it only because I think I should, considering all that www.j1studios.com is about comic-wise but I'd really like to know if anyone has read this comic and/or is interested in seeing this:

The Goon (2010)

No release date yet but will be sometime this year:



Current goals so as not to let you down: See Scott Pilgrim vs. the World this weekend! It's being released this Friday, August 13, 2010. Let this gal not make any excuse, for the sake of us all.

Danae signing off!

source: www.traileraddict.com

No comments:

Post a Comment