Thursday, December 29, 2011

Reviewing while pregnant





It is a well-known fact that when you are pregnant you get tired a lot. You can fall asleep at any time almost. Well, this reviewer is pregnant. You can’t imagine how hard it is to be a TV and movie reviewer when you are falling asleep at 8:00pm and waking up at 10:30pm. You are missing all of the prime shows. I miss all of my favorite shows. I have been sitting there in the midst of a great episode and boom I’m asleep. It’s rough. Thankfully I have been able to get a better grasp on this whole sleeping thing. That means I have been able to catch up on some shows I was missing.

To start, I was sleeping through or just only saw parts of my beloved Vampire Diaries. Since it went on hiatus at a ridiculously early date I have been able to catch up. The love Elena has for Stefan has persisted through some of his darkest moments this season. At the season break it seemed as if we had him back. While he wasn’t staying in Mystic Falls, he was no longer under the control of Klaus, and he had stolen all of his dead relatives that he carts around with him wherever he goes. We also learned a lot about the originals this season. It is all very interesting stuff.

A show that I got to see which I had been missing from either sleep or watching Supernatural was Grimm. I was very hype for this show when the upfronts came out and I got the glimpse of it. I must say that I am very happy with this show. I was hoping that it wouldn’t be hokey and it has delivered. The premise is that this cop is a descendent of the Grimm family. That all of the Grimm’s fairy tales were actually real and not just stories. He has the ability to see things in people. He can see who the “monsters” are. There are a lot more than you would think. Also, not always the people that you would think. The best part is the unlikely friendship between the cop and the “big bad wolf.” Yes, he does exist.

I have even been catching up on Criminal Minds. Last season was somewhat predictable in the way that they had to fake kill off Agent Emily Prentiss because of issues from her past work. I thought we were done with her. Imagine my surprise when she shows back up this season. I wasn’t okay with that. On most shows when they fake your death it takes them a few seasons before they can believably bring you back. It only took them one. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Besides that the show is just as good as ever. I like the psychological aspect of it. I love Joe Montegna. There is also something wonderful about the way that Shemar Moore’s character does stuff. I like to think of it as his justification for everything is that he is Shemar Moore. It makes things more entertaining.

Now I will be watching various and other sundry shows and desperately trying to stay awake. I will also take the advice of my fellow reviewer and watch the first season of American Horror Story. I may even see a movie or two. I have already seen Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol. A little short review on it. It is a must see. I absolutely loved the first in the series. I hated the second one. The third one was just meh. This one definitely revived the franchise and actually has me looking forward to another installment. It is worth the money. Go see it folks.

Until next time kids, this has been Hava.

No comments:

Post a Comment