Thursday, March 4, 2010

Netflix (again!)

Due to the sickness (no worries, I won't pull any Daybreaker mess on you), I'm only updating this last minute. I swear, next post will be on a CURRENT movie. So I then deduced that since I'm a johnny-come-lately with the Netflixin (but a hardcore advocate and recruit.... don't I get some sort of commission or something?), I'm going to share with you what's up next in my queue.



Dexter Season 1 was a recommend by a good friend of mine. She knows my type of preferred viewership; mystery, murder, thriller, drama, dark, some humor, twisted and cleverly written. According to some of the reviews I've read and considering that the star of the series, Michael C. Hall, won a Golden Globe & Screen Actors Guild Award for this character, I'm convinced. The only downside, as with any series, is if you didn't start from when the show commenced, the task to catch up is daunting. Although not impossible with the availability with Hulu and Netflix. Starting a series, say Lost for e.g., NOW is terrifying. If Philadelphia continues to have snow like we've been having and a snow week was possible, there is hope. Regardless of how or when, you may be labeled "obsessive" or "crazy" but no one ever said you were sane. Dexter is now going on season five. Am I a tad fearful? Will those who arrive at my domicile cringe at me having not have moved for 48 hours, crumbs still on my shirt (snack for later), hair looking like Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd (see below) and hissing upon a foreigners entrance? Maybe. But I have a feeling all will be worth it. There are 12 episodes per season, roughly 44 minutes without commercials, for four seasons, amounts to roughly 35 hours (a workweek). Doable, completely doable.... Pray for me...

Here's a short summary about the series that I took from imdb.com: "During the day, Dexter Morgan is a jovial employee in the Miami Metropolitan Police Department's crime lab, but his meticulously crafted life masks his true nature. In reality Dexter is a disciplined and murderous psychopath (a self-admitted "monster"), and he slakes his blood lust at night by carefully killing the serial killers he tracks down during the day. Based on the novels (Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Dearly Devoted Dexter and Dexter in the Dark) by Jeff Lindsay."

For your viewing pleasure, Mrs.Lovett:


I'm interested in what marathons you readers have had. Movies, shows, games.. What length of time was committed and what was the source of your attention? Personally, I don't have too many, but X-Files was something I could watch for hours *cough, days* and playing Mario 64. Let me know by posting below, on the main j1studios.com page or on the forum.

What have you invested hours of your life to and ended up looking like this:



Danae signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment